SECTION I – INTRODUCTION Art. 1 Preamble
Polish VACC Policy is a document regulating the rules of the Polish VACC and supplementing the rules of the VATSIM network, in particular the VATSIM Code of Conduct, VATSIM Code of Regulations, Global Rating Policy, Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy, VATEMEA Policy, VATEUD Policy. Above docuemnts have priority over the rules stated in Polish VACC Policy.
Art. 2 Polish VACC
1. Polish VACC is informal organisation associationg virtual aviation enthusiasts who are members of the VATSIM network.
2. Polish VACC has no legal personality.
3. Polish VACC is a member of structure of the VATSIM network – a member of the European division (VATEUD), the Europe, Africa and Midde East region(VATEMEA), which supervise its functioning.
SECTION II – MEMBERS Art. 3 Polish VACC members
1. The member of Polish VACC can become any person that:
a. Is a registered member of the VATSIM network, with full access to the services of the VATSIM network, adequate to the rating/grade they held,
b. Was assigned to the European division of VATEUD and chose the Polish VACC as its subdivision,
c. Is over 13 years of age,
d. Accepts the statements of this Policy and other supplementary regulations, including documents issued by the Polish VACC Board.
2. Polish VACC members are divided into:
a. Polish VACC controllers,
b. Regular members,
3. Polish VACC controller is a person who:
a. Has completed training at the Polish VACC ATC School and was promoted to a rating of S2(STU) or higher from the Polish VACC nomination,or successfully completed the transfer proces to the Polish VACC,
b. Remains a member of the Polish VACC under the terms of art.3 sec.1 of this Policy.
4. A regular member is a person who:
a. Meets the conditions stated in art.4 sec.1 of this Policy,
b. Has assigned its certificate to Polish VACC in the VATSIM CERT system.
Obligations of the members of the Polish VACC:
1. The duties of each member of the Polish VACC include:
a. Caring for the good name of Polish VACC and its worthy representation on the web and beyond,
b. Compliance with the statements of the overriding rules of VATSIM, VATEMEA, and VATEUD, this Policy, as well as detailed resolutions and regulations of individual
Polish VACC organs,
c. Maintaining appropriate relationship. Personal culture and rules of social coexistence with other members of the VATSIM network and Polish VACC,
d. taking care of the security of the information, tasks and documents entrusted to them, in particular those classified,
e. taking active part in the activities of the Polish VACC as far as possible,
f. provide information on any events, situations and events that may adversely affect the name of Polish VACC, its Board and / or members to the Director of the Polish VACC.
2. Additionally, the Polish VACC Controllers are obligated to:
a. comply with instructions, rules and other documents relating to the operation and provision of air traffic control service, flight information service and others,
b. providing the services in the most professional manner,
c. if possible, active participation in events and meetings organized by, or in cooperation with, the Polish VACC,
d. treat all members respectful when providing air traffic control and flight information services,
e. using a current ATC network client sector provided by Polish VACC,
f. comply with information on temporary or permanent changes in FIR Warszawa, issued in the form of NOTAM messages, comply with the imposed restrictions on the flow of air traffic placed on the Polish VACC services,
g. Confirmation of familiarization with operational changes using the "read & sign" method on Polish VACC websites, before logging in to any position in FIR Warszawa.
Art. 5 Rights of members of the Polish VACC
1. 1. All members are entitled to:
a. receive due support and information from the Polish VACC organs,
b. participate in the life and activities of the Polish VACC,
c. expressing a constructive opinion on the operation of the Polish VACC,
d. use the materials intended for them, made available by the Polish VACC,
e. completion of training for ATC in the Polish VACC, in compliance with the requirements specified in the Polish VACC ATC school.
f. work in working groups appointed by the Board of the Polish VACC.
2. Additionally, Polish VACC Controllers are entitled to:
a. use the instructions and operational documents intended for them,
b. man the position of air traffic control in FIR Warszawa in accordance with the authorizations held,
c. proposing your candidacy to the Board of the Polish VACC, after prior announcement of the recruitment,
d. obtain information regarding them on the opinions sent through the feedback form.
Art. 6 Disciplinary actions and rewarding members
1. Disciplinary actions may be applied to members, and members may be awarded by the Polish VACC Board or at the request of a group of other members..
2. Listed disciplinary actions may be taken against a member for violating the VACC Policy, rules, or other supplementary regulations:
a. Warning letter,
b. restricted access to Polish VACC services,
c. petition to take disciplinary action addressed to the superior body (VATEUD,
VATEMEA, VATSIM BoG).
3. A member can be rewarded for:
a. effective mentoring training courses at the Polish VACC ATC school. Action in this respect depends on the decision of the head of the ATC school.
b. helping other members, with particular emphasis on newly registered members,
c. active participation in working groups appointed by the Board of the Polish VACC,
d. taking part in various tasks announced by the Board of the Polish VACC,
e. above-average activity and above-average contribution to the development of the Polish VACC.
4. A member can be rewarded:
a. public, written praise, published on the Polish VACC websites,
b. a special form of remuneration, which will be determined by the Polish VACC Board (e.g. priority in the queue to start ATC training).
5. In the case of submitting a request for disciplinary action or reward by a member of the Polish VACC Board, the Board, after considering the matter, submits a suggestion of a penalty or form of reward to the Director of the Polish VACC. On this basis, the Polish VACC Director decides to take disciplinary action or impose an award on the member.
6. In the case of submitting an petition for disciplinary action or awarding by a group of at least 5 Polish VACC controllers with major endoresment, the Board examines the application and decides whether to accept or reject it. The formula of the award or disciplinary action is decided by the Board by voting. Applicants are required to provide factual justification for their application.
7. Disciplinary action and rewards should be imposed commensurate with the offense committed or the act of praise.
8. In cases like violating sec. II art. 4 major or solo endorsement can be temporarily or permanently revoked.
Art. 7 Principles of major endorsement maintenance
1. Controllers who have an appropriate rating (adequate) for the position and a valid major endorsement are entitled to take a major position..
2. Major endorsement and Procedural Endorsement is assigned for 90 days period.
3. Major and Procedural endorsements are automatically extended after logging in to the extension position specified in the Annex to this Policy.
4. After the expiry of the major endorsement, members interested in its renewal report their willingness to renew it via a dedicated form on the PL-VACC website. The director or his appropriate deputy orders a verification session to be conducted by the Polish VACC examiner. Depending on the outcome of the session, major endorsement is or is not assigned.
5. Students of the Polish VACC school of controllers are required to maintain active major endorsement status throughout the training period, in accordance with the rules provided for their rating.
6. Major positions are specified in the appendix to this policy.
SECTION III – the BOARD Art. 8 Board and its members
1. The tasks and responsibilities of the Board include organizing life of the Polish VACC.
2. The Board is under the authority of the Director of the Polish VACC and supervisory organs.
3. The specific tasks and duties of all members of the Board are:
a. taking care of the proper development of the Polish VACC,
b. performing tasks appropriate for each member of the Board,
c. representing the Polish VACC community to the authorities of VATEUD,
VATEMEA, VATSIM, as well as before the media and the public,
d. promotion of virtual aviation,
e. maintaining materials appropriate for each member of the Board, available to members of the Polish VACC,
f. managing the work and activities of the Polish VACC.
4. Members of the Board are elected for an indefinite period by the Director of the Polish VACC, in an amount appropriate to the current needs.
5. The Board of the Polish VACC consists of:
a. Director of the Polish VACC,
b. ATC Training Director,
c. Operational Officer,
d. Events Director,
e. Web Services Director,
f. Marketing Director,
g. other members of the Board nominated as needed.
6. The duties of the deputies are performed by individual members of the Board, in accordance with the order of the Director of the Polish VACC.
7. The Board of the Polish VACC, at the request of the superior body, prepares a report on its work for the requested period.
8. The composition of the Board may be changed in accordance with the decision of the Director, he is responsible for the appropriate division of duties in the event of a vacancy.
Art. 9 Director of PolishVACC
1. The specific tasks of the Director of the Polish VACC include:
a. coordinating and managing the work of the Board,
b. receiving and examining complaints, motions and grievances addressed to the
Polish VACC Board,
c. resolving problems and conflicts,
d. direction of development of the Polish VACC,
e. rewarding and taking disciplinary action against members,
f. accepting and handling member transfers,
g. reporting current matters to supervisory authorities.
2. The Polish VACC Director is selected by the Supervisory Authority (VATEUD Division Director) in the manner specified in the VATEUD Policy.
3. The Polish VACC Director shall perform his duties until his resignation or cancellation. The Director performs his duties until the appointment of a new Director, and in the event of his impossibility, these duties are performed by individual members of the Board, in accordance with the order of the Director of the Polish VACC.
Art. 10 Other members of the Board
1. The remaining members of the Board are elected by the Director of the Polish VACC after the person concerned proposes their candidacy.
2. After receiving the applications, the Director examines the candidates and selects a member of the Board.
3. The Director has the right to dismiss a member of the Board if he has committed a serious breach of the rules and regulations, or due to his lack of involvement in his mandate (the member of the Board does not perform his work properly).
4. A member of the Board shall exercise his mandate until it expires, resigns or is recalled.
Art. 11 Complaints against members of the Board
1. VACC members have the right to lodge a complaint against the decision of any member of the Board to the Director of the Polish VACC.
2. Complaints against the Director of the Polish VACC should be directed to the Director of the competent supervisory authority - VATEUD.
Art. 12 Board assistants
1. All members of the Board may appoint assistants as needed.
2. An assistant performs tasks specified by a member of the Board as part of the work of his department. The assistants are approved by the Polish VACC Board. The assistant reports to the appropriate member of the Board.
Art. 13 Workgroups
1. The Board may establish working groups which may include all members of the Polish VACC.
2. It is the task of the working group to carry out a specific issue.
3. Working groups are made up especially of people who have competences and skills in a given field.
4. Working groups may be entrusted with access necessary to perform an issue and only for the duration of its execution. The Director of the Polish VACC decides about granting access.
SECTION IV – GUEST CONTROLLERS AND TRANSFERS Art. 14 Guest controllers
1. Apart from Polish VACC Controllers, guest controllers are also entitled to occupy a position in vFIR Warszawa under the guest controllers' rights issued by Polish VACC..
2. A visiting controller can become any person who:
a. holds a minimum C1 rating in a VACC other than Polish VACC,
b. has a recommendation of the native VACC prepared by the person responsible for running the local ATC school,
c. has been approved and accepted for training by the Director of the Polish VACC,
d. completed training in accordance with the training program for guest controllers adopted by the Director of the ATC school,
e. obtained a positive result from the checking session (visiting OTS),
f. meets the requirements specified in the PL-VACC training regulations.
3. Guest controllers are obliged to:
a. comply with the provisions of the VACC Policy and supplementary regulations,
b. caring for the good name of the Polish VACC,
c. provide air traffic control of the highest standard adopted in the Polish VACC and in compliance with all procedures.
d. provide a total of at least 10 hours of sessions during the last 3 months, on the highest possible position according to authorisation granted by the Director of the ATC School.
4. Guest controllers are entitled to:
a. occupy positions in vFIR Warszawa in accordance with the permissions of the guest controller issued by Polish VACC,
b. take positions in vFIR Warszawa on events with the schedule. In this case, the Member of the Board responsible for the organization of the events first appoints the Polish VACC controllers, and finally, in the case of vacancies - the guest controllers.,
c. use Polish VACC materials without restrictions, in accordance with the rules adopted for Polish VACC Members,
d. use the privileges provided for Polish VACC controllers.
5. The provisions of the VACC Policy apply to the visitor's controller. In terms of duties, penalties and awards, guest controllers are treated on an equal footing with Polish VACC controllers.
6. Guest controllers are accepted for familiarization training at the Polish VACC in accordance with the decision of the Director of ATC school.
Art. 15 Incoming transfer
1. The controller that can apply for the transfer of a controller from the home VACC to the Polish VACC if he:
a. meets the conditions described in the TVCP,
b. is ready to undergo a session to verify his skills after two familiarization sessions,
c. report such a willingness to the Director of the Polish VACC.
2. After the supervisory body changes the VACC of the person concerned, he / she receives a tutor and begins introductory sessions. The tutor is assigned outside the sequence of training. Familiarization sessions are performed at the highest level, authorized by the inspector transferring to the Polish VACC.
3. After the end of two introductory sessions, the tutor has the right, in case of doubts as to the state of knowledge of the inspector transferring to the Polish VACC, or other justified grounds, to have an additional introductory session.
4. After the familiarization sessions are over, the supervisor reports readiness to take the examination (skills verification session) by the controller who is transferring to the Polish
5. The skills verification session is conducted by an authorized Polish VACC examiner in the position:
a. EPWW_CTR - in the case of a controller transferring to Polish VACC with C1
(CTR) rating or higher,
b. EPWA_APP - in the case of a controller transferring to Polish VACC holding the S3(STU+) rating,
c. EPWA_TWR - in the case of a controller transferring to Polish VACC with S2(STU) rating.
6. Familiarization sessions should be held in the above-mentioned positions.
7. After the first verification session with a negative result, the controller transferring to the Polish VACC begins the training phase, in which he or she is entitled to one additional familiarization session with the mentor.
8. After the second verification session with negative result, the transfer is rejected under the TVCP statements.
Art. 16 Outcoming transfer
1. Polish VACC Controllers have the right to change (transfer) their VACC.
2. The controller interested in transferring to another VACC is obliged to inform the director of the Polish VACC about this fact.
3. On the day the transfer is accepted by the superior body, the controller transferring to another VACC is removed from the list of Polish VACC members, thus losing all rights and obligations towards Polish VACC.
4. If the Controller applying for outgoing transfer has a valid major endorsement, he may submit an application for the status of Guest Controller to the PL-VACC Director and receive it without holding the OTS verification session.
SECTION V – FIR WARSZAWA Art. 17 Principles of occupying ATC positions
1. Entitled to occupy ATC positions in FIR Warszawa are:
a. active members, with a rating of at least S2 – on alone sessions,
b. students of the Polish VACC ATC school, with at least S1 rating - at sessions with a mentor. The provisions of Art. 17 sec. 5.
c. Students of the Polish VACC ATC School, with at least S1 rating and valid solo validation - in “solo” sessions, only in positions for which the solo validation has been issued. The provisions of Art. 17 sec. 5. The admissible items and callsign for students are described in the PL-VACC training regulations.
2. Sessions on any position may be by prior reservation or on a basis "first come first served". Reservation is not required.
3. Controllers may reserve a position at any time in advance, but not later than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the session.
4. The control positions in FIR Warszawa are taken by the controllers at their own discretion, skills and well-being.
5. Controllers rated:
a. S2 – may occupy all positions DEL, GND, TWR, on the airports: EPGD, EPKK,
EPKT, EPMO, EPPO, EPWR and on uncontrolled airfields I_TWR and R_TWR,
b. S2 with Major Endorsement – additionally may occupy positions DEL, GND,
TWR on EPWA airport,
c. S2 with Procedural Endorsement - additionally may occupy positions DEL, GND, TWR on airports: EPBY, EPLB, EPLL, EPRA, EPRZ, EPSC, EPSY, EPZG excluding MIL positions,
d. S3 – may occupy all positions for the rating S2 and all APP positions on airports: EPGD, EPKK, EPPO. These controllers may provide procedural air traffic control service at aerodromes without an approach radar serivces as well as all flight information service (FIS), with exception of EPWW_I_CTR,
e. S3 with Major Endorsement - additionally may occupy APP positions on EPWA airport,
f. C1 and higher – can occupy all positions in FIR Warszawa.
6. The taking of certain positions may be restricted for operational reasons. These restrictions will be published by means of NOTAM messages or in documents published by the Board.
7. Before taking a position, the controller should make sure that:
a. has the appropriate skills to handle the position,
b. familiarized himself with the applicable procedures, in particular with the current
c. is familiar with the applicable procedures,
d. has the current ATC client sector.
8. Session length should be no less than 30 minutes.
Art. 18 Operating requirements and restirictions
1. Any restrictions, changes in local procedures, infrastructure or airspace closure are published using NOTAM messages, operating instructions, messages placed on Polish VACC websites.
2. A properly appointed member of the Board supervises the updating of NOTAM messages.
3. All pilots and controllers are required to comply with the provisions concerning the operational requirements and limitations in force at FIR Warszawa.
Art. 19 Changes to local regulations
1. Any changes to local regulations, in particular the operating instructions, the Polish VACC Policy, regulations, should be posted on the Polish VACC website at least one week in advance.
2. Amendments to operating instructions are prepared by the member of the Board competent for operational matters. This instruction is published after obtaining the approval of the Director of the Polish VACC.
3. Amendments to the regulations are prepared by a member of the Board competent for the scope covered by the regulations, or in the case of general regulations - the Director of the Polish VACC. The Regulations are subject to approval by the Director of the Polish VACC, or in the event of the Director drawing up an appropriate member of the Board acting as a deputy.
4. Changes to the Polish VACC Policy are subject to approval by the entire Polish VACC Board and the supervisory body (VATEUD).
SECTION VI – CLOSING REMARKS Art. 20
1. The provisions of this Policy shall enter into force on April 17, 2023.
2. All members retain their status as at the date of announcement.
3. Members of the Board maintain their status as at the date of announcement.
4. As of the effective date of this Policy, all previous ordinances and resolutions of the Board shall expire.
5. The provisions of this Policy are supplemented by the regulations on special matters and its appendices.
6. This Policy has been approved by the Polish VACC Board and the supervisory authority (VATEUD).
7. In matters not included in this Policy, the provisions of the superior acts shall apply - VATSIM Code of Conduct, VATSIM Code of Regulations, VATSIM Global Rating Policy, VATEMEA Policy, VATEUD Policy.